According to the National Cancer Institute, one out of three women gets diagnosed with a type of cancer and is a less frequent cancer sufferer than men. Some types of cancers are there which only affects women also symptoms of cancer will differ with their type. Today we discuss about Seven Warning Signals of Cancer and basic treatment.
Gynecologic cancers are the type of cancer that affects only females which includes uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, and vaginal cancer. Cancer will affect not only related organs but also surrounding organs and the immune system will fall low.
Signs of cancer in women-
There exist several kinds of cancer and each carrying respective symptoms and treatment. Cancer affects not only the part it is generated but also surrounding organs as well.
- Pain during urination.
- Blood or blood clot in the urine.
- The urge of urination but not being able to urinate.
- Frequent urine formation.
- Lower back pain.
- Pain in the abdomen.
- Chest pain, pressure, or heartburn.
- Excessive indigestion.
- Difficulty in swallowing.
- Loss of appetite.
- Upper abdomen pain.
- Fatigue or weight loss related to cancer.
- Fluid in the abdomen.
- Yellow skin or eyes.
- Experiencing nausea and vomiting.
Colorectal / colon cancer–
- Pain in the abdomen.
- Blood in stool and/ or narrow stools.
- Experiencing constipation.
- Weight loss or abdominal discomfort.
- Change in skin color and texture.
- Bigger mole diameter.
- Skin mole with an irregular border.
- Melanomas commonly appear on the legs of women.
- Change in the skin around the breast.
- Swollen lymph nodes.
- Puckering or thickening of the skin around breast.
- Abnormal virginal bleeding.
- Pelvic pressure or pain.
- Burning of vulva or itching.
- Increase urination, diarrhea, or constipation.
Lung cancer or leukemia–
- Pain in chest or rib.
- Unexplained bruises or chronic coughing.
- Infection in respiratory organs or shortness of breath.
- Hoarseness and swollen lymph nodes.
- Lower back pain on one side.
- Lump on one side or backside.
- Blood in the urine.
- Fever not caused by infection and tiredness.
- Pain in the mouth, ear, and nearby portions.
- Pain during swallowing.
- White and red plaques.
- Enlarging neck lymph.
Vital Points to be remembered-
- Cancer is not just a disease it is a group of several diseases that we neglect.
- Recent studies show that even people suffering from cancer living longer and experiencing better life than cancer patients of the older generation.
- Cancer arises from the excessive creation of abnormal cells that grow beyond their normal boundaries.
- Clinical trials and therapies promise, still cure is not possible for most people with severe cancer, which is already spread to other parts of the body.
- Surgery, biological therapy, radiation therapy, or chemotherapy is some effective treatments that are used against cancer. It is essential that you understand whether or not the cancer is curable.
- It is preferred to learn and collect information regarding the kind of cancer you are suffering and try to hold command of it by yourself too.
Information Regarding Treatment-
- Surgery- Every patient’s lung cancer is not suitable for surgery. Stages like IA, IB, IIA, and IIB are acceptable for surgical resection. The vital factors to be considered before surgery are cell type, location, and stage of cancer.
- Radiation therapy- Those who are not eligible for surgery and are primary cancer patients undergo radiotherapy and often chemotherapy together. It is more effective when the cancer is in a particular part of the body.
- Chemotherapy- As a standard chemotherapy regime it uses one or more anti-cancer drugs e. chemotherapeutic agents. It is used to prolong life and reduce the symptoms of cancer.
- Immunotherapy– It can be used for both small cell lung cancer and Non-Small cell lung cancer. It is a method that activates the immune system of cancer survival.
Your desire to be recovered is the most powerful universal strength you will ever need. Any type of cancer can be cured if you will be able to diagnosis it before it gets spread or become severe. Stay attentive when it comes to your health too.