QuickBooks could be a widely used software that manages your account and finances with efficiency. It comes with various options to satisfy your business desires. just like the other software, you would possibly face some bugs and errors whereas using QB. QuickBooks Error 6000 77 is one amongst them which arises once you attempt to access the “company file.”
Also, QuickBooks has numerous types of editions like begin, Premier, skilled, and Enterprise. QuickBooks is employed for various businesses of various sorts and sizes. However, QuickBooks user faces some error throughout its use. one amongst the common error faced by QuickBooks users is QuickBooks error code 6000 77.
Causes of QuickBooks Error code 6000 77
Check out the list of causes that cause QuickBooks Error code 6000 77. the subsequent list is given below:
- The organization document is set on outside media as opposition a close-by or system drive
- QuickBooks is attempting to open the organization document by referencing a mapped drive
- BitDefender security programming is obstructing correspondence once running QuickBooks in multi-client mode
- Incorrect organizer authorizations on the envelope during which the organization document is found.
How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77?
Solution 1: Download and Run QuickBooks file doctor
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor
- Now open the downloaded file. It’s called QBFD.exe
- Then click Install
- Now click Next to allow InstallShield Wizard
- Now follow on-screen instructions.
Solution 2: Rename .ND and .TLG files
.ND and.TLG are configuration files that allow QuickBooks Desktop to access the company file(s) in a network or in the multi-user mode. Corrupted or damaged.ND or.TLG files can cause errors when opening QuickBooks Desktop. Renaming these files does not cause data loss since these are automatically recreated when you open the company file or scan the company files using QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Open the folder that contains your company file. Default Location: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files
- Find the files with the same file name as your company file but with extensions.ND and.TLG. Example: company_file.qbw.nd, company_file.qbw.tlg
- Right-click .nd/.tlg file and select Rename. Add the word “.old” after the file extension and press enter. Example: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD, company_file.qbw.tlg.OLD.
Solution 3: Use a UNC path instead of a mapped drive
- You have to Right-click on the QuickBooks icon on your desktop
- From your keyboard, press and hold the Ctrl key
- Select Run as Administrator.
- Until you have the No Company Open window, Hold down the Ctrl key
- Holding the Ctrl key you can prevent QuickBooks Desktop from auto-opening a company file.
- Click Open or Restore Company, From the File menu
- Choose the Open a company file and click Next.
- Click Network, In the left pane, and navigate to the location of your company file.
- Where the company file saved, If you can’t find the folder you may need to set folder permissions.
- Select the company file and click on Open.
Solution 4- Recreate the damaged folder
- Create a new folder in the C:\ drive.
- Open the folder where the company file data is stored.
- Locate the “.qbw” file
- Right-click on the .qbw file and click “Copy.”
- Create a new folder and paste the .qbw file in it.
- Create an “access” so that the client can easily share company files and solve the queries.
- Now open QuickBooks file from the new location.
For more troubleshooting for QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77, user can visit us on the internet and connect with QuickBooks Helpdesk through email or live chat. Users can also opt for a quick rectification through our QB Helpdesk Number i.e. +1(855)548-3394.