Malwarebytes is a security program that protects your computer system. Malwarebytes is a very lightweight anti-malware, with other unique features such as removing all known and unknown infections very quickly.
Its cleaning and malware removal features are free and you can upgrade to the premium version if you need other benefits. Its premium version includes ransomware protection, real-time protection, malicious URL protection, real-time protection, and more.
Malwarebytes is a complete protection package. However, after a while, a pop-up may appear. These pop-ups don’t affect your computer, but they can be a headache when playing online games or watching movies. These Malwarebytes pop-ups may not disappear easily.
Here are some common anti-malware pop-ups from Malwarebytes:
- Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit pop-up window when opening a web browser
- Protection disables pop-up windows
- Expired Premium Trial Pop-up
- Buy update pop-up
How to get rid of Malwarebytes pop-ups:
You can easily prevent malwarebytes popup won’t go away by adjusting some settings of Malwarebytes anti-malware. To remove the pop-up:
- Open Malwarebytes
- Go to Settings
- Open the Applications tab
- Scroll down to the notification.
- Open the notification section and configure the following settings.
- Disables non-essential notifications. Toggle Malwarebytes notifications in the Windows system tray settings to the off position.
- Select the notification period. Go to Close Notification Later and select the speed at which you want to close the notification.
- Disable real-time protection notifications. Changes program notifications when the real-time protection setting is disabled in the off position.
- Go to System Preferences on your Mac. Tap the gray gear icon in the Applications folder or click the Apple icon and select System Preferences.
- Go to the upper right corner of the System Preferences window and click the Notifications category.
- Scroll down the list of applications and open Malwarebytes to see the notification settings for your application.
- To avoid all warnings and alert notifications from your application, select None in the Malwarebytes alert style option.
- Uncheck other notification options. A list of notifications is displayed here. Disable all notifications:
- To stop pop-up notifications on the lock screen, turn off Show notifications on the lock screen
- To avoid new items in the Notification Center panel, turn off the display in Notification Center
- To avoid the red notification badge, uncheck the badge app icon
- To mute all types of notifications, turn off the notification playback sound.
You can easily get rid of all notifications using these steps, but keep in mind that turning off notifications in Malwarebytes doesn’t turn off important notifications. The notices that are considered important are:
- Update reminders
- Expiration date notification
- Real-time protection blocked threat notification
- Malwarebytes update popup
- The scan detected threat notification
- Reboot required to remove threat notifications
Malwarebytes refresh pop-up
If auto-update mode is disabled and your antivirus is about to expire, Malwarebytes will display an update popup. The best option to stop Malwarebytes pop-up is to enable auto-update mode. However, the auto-update feature is not available on all Malwarebytes plans. Check your antivirus plan to see if antivirus is subject to automatic updates. If yes, follow the steps below to enable automatic update mode.
Open your device and click on Malwarebytes auto-update mode
The Malwarebytes dashboard is displayed on the screen
- Click on the My Profile page
- Tap the subscribe button
- Press the auto-update option
- Your page will be redirected to the Malwarebytes website.
- The login screen may be displayed
- Please enter your Malwarebytes username
- Please enter your password
- Press the login button
- Then go to the My Account option and tap the subscription button.
Go to the auto-update option and activate the button. When you activate this mode, your antivirus will be updated automatically.
How to stop Malwarebytes notifications?
If your plan is not eligible for automatic updates, you will need to manually update your Malwarebytes antivirus. Updating Malwarebytes is very easy. You can update Malwarebytes antivirus by following the steps below.
- Click on the pop-up
- Malwarebytes page opens on the screen
- Click the login button
- Introduce your user name
- Please enter your password
- Then tap the login button
- The Malwarebytes update page is displayed
- Click the [Update] button
- You will be redirected to the cart page.
- Please check your plan and enter your payment details
Make sure you are using a secure connection before clicking the Buy Now button