Windows Update 80072EFE Error is a problem that’s caused by your PC being unable to correctly process the update settings required to help improve your PC. We’ve found that although this error may seem like a big problem, there are a few simple steps you can use to fix it. This tutorial is going to show you how to resolve the problem in the most effective way.
- What Causes The 80072EFE Error?
- Windows will have errors with its files
- Your system will have registry errors
- Windows will not be able to run properly
How to fix window update error 80072efe in Windows 10/7
- Wait 7 minutes. It could be Microsoft servers themselves.
- Reboot the router (modem) and PC.
- Run troubleshooting for the network adapter and update center.
- Disable third-party antivirus and firewall and check for updates.
- Use an anti-virus scanner.
- If you have a program or extension in the VPN / Proxy browser, then disconnect or uninstall for a while.
- Local providers give their unstable DNS. Change the DNS address and reset Winsock, TCP / IP, DNS.
- Delete Catroot2 Folder
The Catroot2 system folder contains the signature for Windows updates. Any damage to the signature can cause window update error 80072efe in Windows Update. For this reason, you need to delete this folder. To delete the Catroot2 folder, you must first disable the service that runs in this folder. Let’s get started.
Step 1. Press Win + R and enter services.msc to open the services. Next, find the “Cryptography Services” service and double-click on it. In the new property horse, click on Stop. It does not close this window
Step 2. Open Explorer (This computer) and go to the path C: \ Windows \ System32 \. Locate the Catroot2 folder and delete it.
Step 3. We stopped the service in step 1 so that we could delete the folder. Now you need to enable this service back. Proceed to step 1 and enable the cryptography service. Next, check for updates.